The Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) are looking at the quality, efficiency and safety of the care and support provided for adults with learning disabilities in Wales.
The inspection will consider how good local authority social services are at achieving outcomes that matter to people. It will also look at the factors that drive good outcomes for people as well as the barriers.
The Local Authority are therefore inviting parents/carers/families to attend a small focus group with the Merthyr Tydfil Inspectors on :
Wednesday 20th January 2016, 2.00pm – 3.00pm, Room 141 B, Unit 5, Pentrebach Offices, Merthyr Tydfil
If you would like to participate please can you confirm your attendance with Serena Williams on 01685 727022 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further details of the Inspection can be found below.
What will the inspection look at?
- How well local authorities understand the need for care and support for
- people with learning disabilities in their areas, including support for carers and the development of preventative services.
- How good leaders are in delivering a clear vision for care and support for people, aimed at improving outcomes, and which has the support and involvement of partners – including people with learning disabilities and carers.
- The quality of the information, advice, assistance, assessment and care planning provided and how well it demonstrates a respect for people with learning disabilities as full citizens, equal in status and value to other citizens of the same age.
What CSSIW will do
- Carry out a national survey and self-assessment of all 22 local authority social services in Wales.
- Work with Parents Forum to facilitate a series of focus groups with parents and carers across Wales.
- Work with People First Wales to help us engage productively with people with learning disabilities during the inspection.
- Meet with providers of supported accommodation for people with learning disabilities to discuss the key questions for the inspection.
- Explore additional, relevant questions for the national inspection during our routine inspection of regulated services for people with learning disabilities.
- Carry out detailed inspections in 6 local authorities between November 2015 and January 2016.
What CSSIW will do with the findings
- CSSIW will publish individual inspection reports for the local authorities included in the detailed fieldwork. The reports will outline recommendations for improvement, and the authorities will be asked to produce improvement plans.
- In April 2016, CSSIW will produce an all-Wales report containing the key findings from the inspection series and the implications for policy and practice.
For more information about CSSIW and the review see follow this link http://www.allwalesforum.org.uk/1474-2/#.Vpd0hJrnmUk