The All Wales Forum currently holds the Vice Chair role of The Wales Carers Alliance. Below you can read the Statement of Purpose for the Alliance…
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Wales Carers Alliance exists to promote the recognition and support of carers in Wales.
Carers provide unpaid care by looking after an ill, frail or disabled family member, friend or partner. A carer is an adult or child who provides, or intends to provide, a substantial amount of care on a regular basis.
The Alliance comprises national voluntary organisations in Wales which have declared policies on carer support and seek to work together to work with the National Assembly for Wales, Welsh Government and other agencies to develop the legislative, policy, resource and service framework at national level to support carers in Wales.
The Alliance will ensure that the voice of carers is reflected in our work.
The Alliance members of national voluntary organisations are committed to joint action:
- To improve the lives of all carers and not just the specific needs of the carers that they support through their individual organisations.
- To discuss and, as far as possible, to define common policies on carer support. Where a consensus is established, Alliance members are committed to present and act upon agreed policy statements;
- To act as a forum where carer issues can be discussed and in particular those issues that are pertinent to the work of national voluntary organisations in Wales;
- To inform and lobby policy makers, planners and other key decision makers on agreed policy on carer issues;
- To exchange ideas and information on the work of the member organisations;
- To comment on, support or oppose proposals, papers and other documents offered for consultation;
- To monitor the development and implementation of carer support policies nationally and, where possible, at local level;
To perform these functions, the Alliance meets at least four times a year for regular business which includes discussion on specific issues, reports and the financial status and administration of the Alliance. Each Alliance member organisation pays a small fee towards the running costs of the Alliance. This is confirmed annually and is currently £60 p.a.
The secretariat for the Wales Carers Alliance is provided by Carers Wales. Enquiries can be made to them on 029 2081 1370