Derwen, Integrated Team for Disabled Children are extending a warm welcome to you, or representatives from your organisation, to the above event. It will be an opportunity for voluntary groups and the statutory services working with disabled children and children who are ill to meet to exchange information about their services. The aim of the afternoon will be to get to know each other, and to try to create a network of people who work with Derwen, so that they can look for ways to work together and plan ahead for the future.
The programme will include:
- Welcome by Iona Griffith, Derwen Service Manager.
- Introductions by organisation representatives and a chance to outline future plans for disabled children.
- Presentation by Katherine Wyke, Development Officer, ‘Contact a Family Wales’, on the issues facing families with a disabled child and what ‘Contact a Family’ does to help families and the professionals that work with them.
- Presentation by Gwyneth Roberts on the work of the ‘Carers Outreach Service’.
- Presentation on the ‘Health Disability Sport Pathway’ by Catherine Chin, Health Disability Sport Officer, Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board.
- An open session to discuss planning ahead as partners.
For an invitation and registration form please contact SianEleriMorgan@gwynedd.gov.uk before 27th June.