Minister Mark Drakeford launches the second consultation in relation to the implementation of Parts 5, 6, 9 and 10 of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014. Read more here. or see below and follow links to the consultation.
The Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 received Royal Assent on 1 May 2014. The Act forms the basis for a new statutory framework for social care in Wales.
Welsh Government are running a consultation on draft Regulations and Guidance for 4 parts of The Act. Those 4 parts are shown below with a link to the consultation for each part;
This consultation runs until 31st July 2015.
Part 5 (Charging and Financial assessment) covers:
- direct payments
- choice of accommodation
- charging and financial assessment
- deferred payments
- review of charges
For a link to consultation on Part 5 click here
Part 6 (Looked After and Accommodated Children) covers:
- Care Planning, Placement and Case Review (Wales) Regulations 2015Care Leavers (Wales) Regulations 2015
- Visits to Children in Detention (Wales) Regulations 2015
- Children (Secure Accommodation) (Wales) Regulations 2015
For a link to consultation on Part 6 click here
Part 9 Co-operation and Partnership
- The purpose of Part 9 is to ensure that Local Authorities and Local Health Boards work effectively together, along with other partners, to plan and ensure the delivery of integrated services, care and support to best meet the needs of people in their local area.
For a link to consultation on Part 9 click here
Part 10 (Complaints, Representations and Advocacy) covers: Part 10 (Complaints, Representations and Advocacy) covers:
- a clear recognition of the benefits of advocacy
- the range of advocacy available to people
- the key points when people’s need for advocacy must be assessed
- the circumstances / environment that impact on people’s need for advocacy
- when independent advocacy must be provided
- the circumstances when it is inappropriate for certain people to advocate
- the arrangements for publicising advocacy services
For a link to consultation on Part 10 click here