8th of June 13:30 – 15:00
Online Event – book your free place here
or below, after some further information regarding the event and the project
Caring Communities of Change
The project will put learning disability family carers, third sector partners and the wider professional network at the heart of service design and delivery across Health and Social Care in Wales.
The All Wales Forum will work in partnership with carer-led network organisations and national third sector organisations to co-produce, pilot and scale up innovative and practical solutions to meet the needs of the families.
What is our goal?
To enable Learning Disability families and third sector partners in Wales to develop services that secure rights, enhance physical, emotional and economic well-being and support family relationships, all through enabling learning disability family carers to have an active contribution to society.
We will collaboratively provide a voice and control for families during process of planning from home to independent living and work with national organisation to generate creative opportunities and give families a choice by accessing alternative models and purchase options.
These ideas include –
– Working with Shared Lives Plus to develop options for parents, carers and families to access supported living schemes as a flexible and person centred approach to transitions
– Using Direct Payments flexibly to access alternative independent options, including the private housing market and independence and skills development opportunities
-Referral Pathway – working with Carers Wales to provide a flexible pathway into education and training for family carers
Progress so far…
We have hosted a number of conversations across Wales during year 1 of the project to build relationships with people across Wales who want to explore alternative transitions further.
We now have a number of Working Groups across Wales looking to explore and pilot options further. We want parents, carer and professionals to explore these ideas with us.
What is this meeting for?
The purpose of this meeting is to –
– Progress from collaborating partners from the working groups – including what are the next steps of these working groups
-An opportunity for other organisations to share from similar examples of work in other parts of Wales following principles of flexible and person centred planning for transitions.
Learning from working groups and other examples across Wales as to –
– What works and why?
– What doesn’t work and why?
– What are the barriers and how will we/have we overcome them?
– How do we grow this work further?
– How do other areas get involved?
Who would we like to talk to?
We welcome anyone with an interest, opinion or experiences in alternative forms of respite care and short breaks for families’. We would particularly like to hear from –
– Parents and carers
-Local authority staff working with carers, people with a learning disability and Direct Payments
– Carer led organisations or groups
I would like to speak to someone before the event…
Feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com or via 02920 811120 – our office hours are 9am – 5pm Mondays to Thursdays.
The AWF Team